Taronga Western Plains Zoo - Near Dubbo NSW
Australia’s premier open-range zoo has some 1500 animals, many of them endangered, on 300 hectares of large, open areas and bushland. The zoo is involved in breeding and research programs for rare Australian and other animals.
You can cycle the 6-kilometre loop road, passing a vast number of creatures such as gibbons, giraffes and rhinoceros. For an extra-special encounter, stay on-site at the zoo in four-person safari lodges, where you can listen to the wildlife all night and go on exclusive behind-the-scenes tours, including a chance to hand-feed the giraffes. All the profits from Zoofari Lodge go back into education, conservation and protection of wildlife around the world.
(02) 6881 1488
Nearby Eco Activities
- Burning Mountain Nature Reserve
- Wine-tasting - Mudgee
- Koala-spotting - Coonabarabran
- Picnicking in the Blue Mountains
- Star-gazing - Coonabarabran
- Back to nature, Taronga Western Plains Zoo, Back to nature
- Taronga Western Plains Zoo, Attractions, Attractions