Kayaking, Newcastle to Port Macquarie
Barrington Outdoor Adventure Centre at Gloucester offers an exciting one-day tour down the Barrington River. Guides can tailor the trip for beginners or family groups, choosing a quieter part of the river where there are likely sightings of platypus, wallabies and water dragons on a leisurely paddle, or for the more intrepid, tours can be taken to a higher adrenaline level on wilder rapids. The centre also rents kayaks and canoes and does a drop-off service.
Lazy Paddles at Tea Gardens conducts twohour kayaking tours along the Myall River, with chances to see dolphins, birds and marine life. The company also hires out kayaks and offers a drop-off service.
Blue Water Sea Kayaking in Nelson Bay also has kayaking tours, including a champagne sunset tour, a dolphin-watching kayak trip and an overnight camping excursion.
Lazy Paddles: 0412 832 220
Nearby Eco Activities
- Burning Mountain Nature Reserve
- Armidale Bicentennial Arboretum
- Bush-tucker tasting - Macksville
- Houseboating on the Macleay River
- Barrington Tops National Park
- Birdwatching near Newcastle
- Bushwalking in and around Sydney
- The Great North Walk
- Snorkelling and diving around Nelson Bay
- Sea Acres Nature Reserve