Split Rock Dam camping area
Another worthwhile stop-off on the Fossickers Way, 64 km north of Tamworth. The town of Manilla, 20 km south of the dam, is a popular hang-gliding and paragliding spot. The dam is stocked with Murray cod and golden and silver perch – alternatively, visitors can paddle, swim, waterski or just relax by the water. There are picnic tables and shelter at the dam lookout, a short drive away.
Who to contact: Manilla Tourist Information Centre (02) 6785 1207; or Tamworth Regional Council (02) 6767 5555 Camping fees: honesty box on gate leading to camping area or pay fees to the council in Manilla on weekdays
Want to see your campsite photos featured here? Send us your photos.
- Glenriddle Reserve camping area
- Lake Keepit State Park camping area
- Warrabah camping area
- Dawsons Spring camping area
- Rocky River Fossicking Area camping area
- Cockburn River campsite
- Horton Falls camping area
- Little Creek Recreation Reserve
comments powered by Disqus