Government House

Government House, Tourism New South Wales

Government House is located in the north-west corner of the Botanic Gardens, close to Macquarie’s old stables, now the Conservatorium of Music.

Built in 1845, Government House is an elaborate example of the Gothic Revival style, with extensive gardens and harbour views. Free guided tours of the state apartments are available.

Free tour, Fri–Sun 10.30am–3pm (but call to check it isn't closed for an official function); (02) 9931 5222.

comments powered by Disqus