Tin Mines camping area
This is a campsite on the Hume and Hovell Walking Track about 40 km west of Jingellic and 28 km east of Tin Mines camping area. It has 4WD, dry-weather access only via Tin Mines Rd from Tunnel Rd. If there’s water in the creek, make sure you boil/treat it before drinking, but it’s a good idea to bring your own, just in case. Bring your own firewood.
Who to contact: Hume and Hovell Walking Track coordinator (02) 6937 2700
This campsite is located in Woomargama National Park
Woomargama National Park is the largest protected area west of the Great Dividing Range in south-eastern NSW and has wonderful views over the Murray River, Riverina and South West Slopes regions. It is a haven for a large number of threatened and endangered species, such as the regent honeyeater, superb parrot, powerful owl, Booroolong frog and carpet python. It is an ideal place for bushwalking, birdwatching, 4WD touring and motorcycling. It’s only 4WD access during dry weather (not accessible when wet).
Want to see your campsite photos featured here? Send us your photos.
- Log Bridge Creek camping area (walk-in camping)
- Samuel Bollard camping area (walk-in camping)
- The Captain camping area (walk-in camping)
- Bossawa camping area (walk-in camping)
- Browns Creek camping area (walk-in camping)
- Paddys River Dam camping area
- Junction camping area (walk-in camping)
- Henry Angel Trackhead camping area
- Mannus camping area
- Munderoo camping area (walk-in camping)
- Micalong Creek camping area (walk-in camping)
- Blowering camping area
- Fitzpatrick Trackhead camping area
- Ben Smith camping area (walk-in camping)
- Lankeys Creek camping area
- Thomas Boyd Trackhead camping area
- Buddong Hut camping area
comments powered by Disqus