Barooga precinct camping areas
This precinct is located next to the town of Barooga, accessible via the Tocumwal–Barooga Rd.
Who to contact: NPWS Moama (03) 5483 9100
This campsite is located in Murray Valley National Park
River red gums arch drought-weary boughs over the sleepy Murray River, while flocks of cockatoos screech overhead. This is one of Australia’s most iconic riverine landscapes and there are a number of national park precincts scattered along its banks that enable campers to sit and drink it all in. Note: there’s a fire ban from Oct until Easter, so use gas/fuel stoves only during this period. You need to come equipped with drinking water when staying at these camping areas.
Want to see your campsite photos featured here? Send us your photos.
- Koondrook State Forest camping areas
- Lake Victoria State Forest camping areas
- Campbells Island State Forest camping areas
- Perricoota State Forest camping areas
- Gol Gol State Forest camping areas
comments powered by Disqus