Byron Bay beaches
Byron Bay is set on a long, arcing beach with the Cape Byron Lighthouse standing tall at one end and a hazy line of mountains rippling into the distance at the other. The town’s main street, Jonson Street, takes you to the section of beach dubbed Main Beach, which is usually busy with swimmers, sunbathers, buskers, and people practicing yoga and tai chi. The surf is best at Clarkes Beach, where the beach starts curving into the headland, and groups of kayakers depart daily for dolphin tours. Further into the cape is exclusive Wategos Beach, followed by Little Wategos, Australia’s most easterly beach. For some privacy, head to Broken Head Nature Reserve, where the beautiful beaches are fringed with rainforest.
- Back to nature, Byron Bay, Back to nature
- Byron Bay, Kayaking, Kayaking
- Byron Bay, New South Wales
- Diving and snorkelling around Byron Bay, Eco-friendly activity
- Kayaking around Byron Bay, Eco-friendly activity