Wangi Falls camping area
At Wangi Falls multiple waterfalls cascade down the escarpment. There is a beautiful swimming hole, boardwalk lookouts and a ridgetop walk. Swimming is only possible during the Dry (observe crocodile warnings) but there are magnificent views during the Wet. This large campsite is only 1.5 km off Litchfield Park Rd. It’s signposted 66 km west of Batchelor.
Who to contact: PWCNT Batchelor (08) 8976 0282
Permits: if the Tabletop Track is closed (for example, during the Wet) a permit is required; contact PWCNT Batchelor (08) 8976 0282
This campsite is located in Litchfield National Park
Less visited than Kakadu, but equally spectacular, Litchfield National Park is only 1.5 hr south of Darwin. It has spring-fed waterfalls creating beautiful, crocodile-free swimming holes, and plains dotted with massive termite mounds. There are many short bushwalking trails plus the exceptional 39 km Tabletop Track circuit that links many of the park attractions. A sealed road allows easy access, although it is 4WD access only to the Lost City and Surprise Falls. Generators are not allowed anywhere in the park, firewood should be collected outside of the camping areas and water should be boiled. Caravans are only allowed at Wangi Falls, but note that there is no power.
Want to see your campsite photos featured here? Send us your photos.
- Buley Rockhole camping area
- Bush camp 3 - Tabletop Track (walk-in camping)
- Bush camp 1 - Tabletop Track (walk-in camping)
- Florence Falls 4WD camping area
- Tjaynera (Sandy Creek) Falls camping area
- Walker Creek camping area (walk-in camping)
- Florence Falls 2WD camping area
- Surprise Creek Falls camping area
- Bush camp 2 - Tabletop Track (walk-in camping)
comments powered by Disqus