Drovers Rest camping area
Boasting a boat ramp, this site on the East Baines River is 13 km from the Bullita Stock Route.
Who to contact: PWCNT Timber Creek (08) 8975 0888
This campsite is located in Judbarra-Gregory National Park
At 13 000 sq km, this park is nearly as big as the mighty Kakadu, and lies in the transitional zone between tropical and semi-arid regions. As a result it has a vast range of habitats, including soaring escarpments, thickly vegetated gorges, flat tropical woodlands and magnificent river systems. There are plenty of significant Aboriginal sites, evidence of early European pastoral history, and campsites galore. Some parts of the park off the Victoria Hwy are accessible to conventional vehicles but in the Wet most areas are inaccessible to all. The other park entrances, off the Buntine and Buchanan hwys, are suitable for 4WD only.
Want to see your campsite photos featured here? Send us your photos.
- Spring Creek Yard camping area
- Escarpment Lookout camping area
- East Baines Crossing camping area
- Fish Hole Yard camping area
- Paperbark Yard camping area
- Depot Creek camping area
- East Baines camping area
- Big Horse Creek camping area
- Bullita camping area
- Top Humbert Yard camping area
- Sullivan Creek camping area
- Camel Point camping area
- Fig Tree Yard camping area
comments powered by Disqus