As well as all the necessities, such as fuel and supplies, this roadhouse has an Aboriginal art gallery, pool, bar and BBQ picnic area. It’s 135 km north of Alice Springs, and you can’t really miss it now that giant statues of Aboriginal people have been constructed. First was the Big Man, with the tip of his spear 17 m off the ground, and more recently the Big Woman and Child was added.
How to book: Stuart Hwy, Aileron (08) 8956 9703 www.aileronroadhouse.com.au
Want to see your campsite photos featured here? Send us your photos.
- Annas Reservoir camping area (bush camping)
- Bush camping areas (section 5)
- Mulga Camp camping area (walk-in camping)
- Ti-Tree Roadhouse
- Millers Flat camping area (walk-in camping)
- Hugh Gorge camping area (walk-in camping)
- Jay Creek camping area (walk-in camping)
comments powered by Disqus