Commissariat Store

Built by convicts in 1829 from Brisbane tuff – a local stone quarried at nearby Kangaroo Point – this is one of the oldest buildings in Brisbane (with newer additions). Today it is home to the offices, library and museum of the Royal Historical Society of Queensland. There is a convict display, and tours are available. 115 William St; (07) 3221 4198; open Tues–Fri.

comments powered by Disqus