Customs House

Built in 1889 and beautifully restored, this magnificent building on the Brisbane River served as the city’s customs house for almost a century until port activities shifted closer to the mouth of the river. Now a cultural and educational facility of the University of Queensland, it has function rooms and a brasserie with waterfront tables. On Sundays there are free guided tours. 399 Queen St; (07) 3365 8999; open daily; admission free.

comments powered by Disqus