Wildlife tours - Port Douglas and Cape Tribulation
For a wildlife tour with a difference, don a wetsuit and snorkel and float down the pristine Mossman River, with a fish-eye view of jungle perch, freshwater prawns, Pacific blue eyes, catfish, turtles and occasionally a platypus. Above, azure kingfishers and Ulysses butterflies flit around the strangler figs and rainforest. The company that runs this unique tour, Back Country Bliss Adventures, has a solid environmental policy and runs a wide variety of sustainable outdoor activities, including halfday and full-day mountain-biking tours from Port Douglas.
Jungle Adventures Cape Tribulation runs a night tour with guides who are all biologists, in which you may encounter fireflies, bandicoots, cassowaries, goannas and amethyst pythons.
Back Country Bliss: (07) 4099 3677 or 0420 101 757
Nearby Eco Activities
- Wildlife experience - Cairns
- Hiking the Thorsborne Trail
- Bushwalking around the Daintree and Cape Tribulation
- Indigenous tours - Cooktown to Cape York
- Daintree Discovery Centre
- Bushwalking around Townsville and Cairns
- Chillagoe Observatory and Eco Lodges