Chapman River camping area
This camping area at the mouth of the river near the airstrip is a great spot for fishing. The Pormpuraaw Aboriginal Community is on the western coast of Cape York on the Gulf of Carpentaria, about 200 km west of Musgrave. The access road is open from late May, depending on the wet season; a 4WD is recommended. Note: alcohol is strictly prohibited in Pormpuraaw; heavy penalties apply.
How to book: Pormpuraaw Shire Council (07) 4060 4600 www.pormpuraaw.qld.gov.au Permits: camping and vehicle permits required in advance
Want to see your campsite photos featured here? Send us your photos.
- Mungkun River camping area
- Topsy Creek camping area
- Armbrust & Co camping area
- Wonya camping area (bush camping)
- The Bend camping area
- Shelso camping area
- False Pera Head camping area
- Mungkan Kandju camping area (bush camping)
- Bull Crossing camping area
comments powered by Disqus