Mungkun River camping area
This camping area for self-sufficient campers is 7.5 km north of the Pormpuraaw Aboriginal Community of approximately 600 people, on the western coast of Cape York – the Gulf of Carpentaria – about 200 km west of Musgrave. The access road is open from late May, depending on the wet season. Access by 4WD is recommended. There is a boat launch on site. Note: alcohol is strictly prohibited in Pormpuraaw; heavy penalties apply.
How to book: Pormpuraaw Shire Council (07) 4060 4600 www.pormpuraaw.qld.gov.au Permits: camping and vehicle permits required in advance
Want to see your campsite photos featured here? Send us your photos.
- Topsy Creek camping area
- Chapman River camping area
- Armbrust & Co camping area
- Wonya camping area (bush camping)
- The Bend camping area
- Shelso camping area
- False Pera Head camping area
- Mungkan Kandju camping area (bush camping)
- Bull Crossing camping area
comments powered by Disqus