Janie Creek camping area
This campground for self-sufficient campers is 21 km from Mapoon near Weipa, with access via Mapoon Rd and Cullent Point. Weipa is at the northern end of the unsealed (4WDR only) Peninsula Developmental Rd, about 200 km north-west of the Archer River Roadhouse. The township is on the eastern shores of the Gulf of Carpentaria, known for its excellent fishing, sailing and boating. A camping and vehicle permit is required.
Who to contact: Mapoon Council (07) 4090 9124 Camping fees: Fees can be paid at the Weipa Camping Ground or at the ranger station, 7 km north of Mapoon
Want to see your campsite photos featured here? Send us your photos.
- Bramwell Station Tourist Park
- Bramwell Junction camping area
- Telegraph Track camping areas – Bramwell Junction to Eliot Falls (bush camping)
- Weipa Camping Ground
- Moreton Telegraph Station
- Pennefather River camping area
- Stoneys Crossing camping area (bush camping)
- Cullen Point camping area
- False Pera Head camping area
comments powered by Disqus