Pennefather River camping area
This basic campground for self-sufficient campers is 71 km north of Weipa, signposted off Mapoon Rd. Camping and vehicle permits can be obtained from the Weipa Camping Ground. This campsite is closed during the wet season. Note: alcohol restrictions are enforced in Mapoon Shire and heavy penalties apply; check current limits before embarking.
Who to contact: Weipa Camping Ground (07) 4069 7871 Permits: camping and vehicle access permits required Camping fees: fees can be paid and permits acquired at Weipa Camping Ground
Want to see your campsite photos featured here? Send us your photos.
- Bramwell Station Tourist Park
- Janie Creek camping area
- Bramwell Junction camping area
- Telegraph Track camping areas – Bramwell Junction to Eliot Falls (bush camping)
- Weipa Camping Ground
- Moreton Telegraph Station
- Stoneys Crossing camping area (bush camping)
- Cullen Point camping area
- False Pera Head camping area
comments powered by Disqus