Stoneys Crossing camping area (bush camping)
This basic campground for self-sufficient campers is 30 km east of Mapoon Rd and 58 km north-east of Weipa. Camping and vehicle permits can be obtained from the Weipa Camping Ground. This campsite is closed during the wet season. Note: alcohol restrictions are enforced in Mapoon Shire and heavy penalties apply; check current limits before embarking.
Who to contact: Weipa Camping Ground (07) 4069 7871 Permits: camping and vehicle access permits required Camping fees: fees can be paid and permits acquired at Weipa Camping Ground
Want to see your campsite photos featured here? Send us your photos.
- Bramwell Station Tourist Park
- Janie Creek camping area
- Bramwell Junction camping area
- Telegraph Track camping areas – Bramwell Junction to Eliot Falls (bush camping)
- Weipa Camping Ground
- Moreton Telegraph Station
- Pennefather River camping area
- Cullen Point camping area
- False Pera Head camping area
comments powered by Disqus