South End Settlement
South End Settlement is just over 1 km from the ferry drop-off point on Curtis Island and is suitable for small caravans and camper trailers. It’s an open grassy area with plenty of shade and 20 allocated campsites, just a short walk to Front Beach. On site tank water needs to be treated before drinking. You need to bring a gas/fuel stove. The island is 12 km from the Gladstone mainland, accessible by private vessel or the Curtis Ferry Services barge; pre-book the ferry trip if you’re bringing a vehicle, (07) 4972 6990.
How to book: Gladstone Visitor Information Centre (07) 4972 9000 www.gladstoneregion.info/destinations/curtis-island/accommodation/southend-at-curtis-island Permits: camping permit required
Want to see your campsite photos featured here? Send us your photos.
- Divided Island camping area (boat-based camping)
- The Oaks camping area
- The Barracks camping area (bush camping)
- Sandfly Point camping area (bush camping)
- Lake Awoonga Caravan Park
- Yellow Patch camping area (boat-based camping)
- Masthead Island camping area (boat-based camping)
- The Wall camping area (bush camping)
- Middle Creek camping area
comments powered by Disqus