The Oaks camping area
This campground has 35 sites for self-sufficient campers within a skip of Oaks Beach on the north-west side of Facing Island. It is 2 km from the ferry drop-off point and suits self-sufficient campers. Bring a gas/fuel stove. The island is 12 km from the Gladstone mainland, accessible by private vessel or the Curtis Ferry Services barge; book ferry services on (07) 4972 6990.
How to book: Gladstone Visitor Information Centre (07) 4972 9000 www.gladstoneregion.info/destinations/facing-island/accommodation/the-oaks-on-facing-island Permits: camping permit required
Want to see your campsite photos featured here? Send us your photos.
- Divided Island camping area (boat-based camping)
- The Barracks camping area (bush camping)
- Sandfly Point camping area (bush camping)
- Lake Awoonga Caravan Park
- Yellow Patch camping area (boat-based camping)
- Masthead Island camping area (boat-based camping)
- South End Settlement
- The Wall camping area (bush camping)
- Middle Creek camping area
comments powered by Disqus