Middle Island (Southeastern Beach) camping area (boat-based camping)
This campsite, behind the dunes of the smallest of Middle Island’s 3 beaches, offers excellent access to the large reef to the west of the island. Picnic tables are the only facilities on the island, so this site suits self-sufficient campers only (maximum of 6 people); bring water, rubbish bags and a gas/fuel stove. Note: fishing is prohibited in the waters around Middle Island.
How to book: NPRSR 13 7468 www.nprsr.qld.gov.au Permits: camping permit required; campers are required to notify QPWS Rosslyn Bay (07) 4933 6595 immediately before departure from the mainland
This campsite is located in Keppel Bay Islands National Park
This national park covers the region from Curtis Island to Corio Bay off the central Qld coast and includes 15 islands. Travel to the islands is by private boat or water taxi from Rosslyn Bay Harbour, 15 km east of Yeppoon. Access to Barren and Peak islands is restricted. Note: swimmers should take precautions against marine stingers, particularly from Oct–May. Advance bookings are required for camping.
Want to see your campsite photos featured here? Send us your photos.
- North Keppel Island (Considine Beach) Campground (boat-based camping)
- Miall Island camping area (boat-based camping)
- Pelican Island camping area (boat-based camping)
- Divided Island camping area (boat-based camping)
- Middle Island (Northeastern Beach) camping area (boat-based camping)
- Middle Island (Northwestern Beach) camping area (boat-based camping)
- Humpy Island camping area (boat-based camping)
- Conical Island camping area (boat-based camping)
comments powered by Disqus