Stinson Park camping area
In 1937 local legend Bernard O’Reilly led the Stinson air crash survivors to safety from this historic site. O’Reilly found the wreckage in dense rainforest and saved the lives of 2 men who had been lost in the mountains for 2 days. Experienced, well-equipped bushwalkers can take the ‘stretcher track’ to the site of the crash. To get to the campsite, take the Mt Lindesay Hwy at Beaudesert (towards Rathdowney). At Laravale (14 km) turn left into Christmas Creek Rd. Note: tap water needs to be treated or boiled before drinking.
How to book: Christmas Creek Rd, Christmas Creek (07) 5544 8008
Want to see your campsite photos featured here? Send us your photos.
- The Settlement camping area
- Burgess Park camping area
- Green Mountains camping area
- Binna Burra camping area
- Boonah Showground camping area
- Sharp Park River Bend Bush Camping
- Darlington Park camping area
- Bigriggen Park camping area
- Flanagan Reserve camping area
comments powered by Disqus