Bush camping areas (walk-in camping)
Remote bush camping in undefined spots is available for experienced and self-sufficient hikers in the Mt Elliot and Mt Cleveland areas of the park. There is a limit of 6 hikers per group and hikers must set up camp at least 1 km from other camping areas and other groups. Bring water and a gas/fuel stove.
How to book: NPRSR 13 7468 www.nprsr.qld.gov.au Permits: camping permit required
This campsite is located in Bowling Green Bay National Park
A spectacular nature reserve with more than 55 000 ha of rugged landscapes, Bowling Green Bay National Park is 28 km south of Townsville. Highlights include the Alligator Creek area, a popular spot for family picnics, and for serious hikers there’s the challenging 17 km return track to Alligator Falls, with stunning mountain views along the way. Advance bookings are required for camping.
Want to see your campsite photos featured here? Send us your photos.
- Cocoa Creek camping area (bush camping)
- Barratta Creek camping area (bush camping)
- Cockatoo Creek camping area (walk-in camping)
- Salmon Creek camping area (bush camping)
- Alligator Creek camping area
- Alligator Falls camping area (walk-in camping)
comments powered by Disqus