St Helens Beach camping area
This basic campground is in the township of St Helens Beach, 68 km north of Mackay, and is accessed via Murrays Rd. Firewood is supplied and camping attendants visit the site daily to collect fees. Mackay is on the Bruce Hwy about 125 km south of Proserpine, offering more than 30 sandy beaches and access to several tropical islands in the Great Barrier Reef World Heritage Area.
Who to contact: Mackay Regional Council 1300 622 529; or Mackay Visitor Information Centre 1300 130 001
Want to see your campsite photos featured here? Send us your photos.
- Outer Newry Island camping area (boat-based camping)
- Roylen Bay camping area (boat-based camping)
- Seaforth camping area
- Ball Bay Campground
- Smalleys Beach camping area
- Captain’s Crossing camping area
- Kinchant Waters Leisure Resort
- Neils camping area (boat-based camping)
- Tug's Point camping area (boat-based camping)
comments powered by Disqus