Botanic Gardens of Adelaide
The gardens were laid out in the mid-1800s and retain a northern-European style. The Palm House, imported in 1875, is a fine example of German engineering. The impressive Bicentennial Conservatory is considered to be the largest singlespan conservatory in the Southern Hemisphere. Inside, walkways guide visitors through a lush rainforest environment, past endangered native and exotic plant species. Amazon Waterlily Pavilion is the most recent addition, opened in 2007. The fully licensed restaurant overlooking the Main Lake serves some of South Australia’s finest wines and innovative cuisine. North Tce; open daily, guided walks 10.30am.
- Back to nature, Adelaide Botanic Garden, Back to nature