Port Dock Brewery Hotel
This landmark brew-pub is Adelaide’s longest-running and has been knocking out house beers since 1986. The 1883 building has enjoyed a colourful history – the original hotel was closed down in 1909 by local temperance zealots and then operated, variously, as a boarding house, stevedore office and brothel. The potent Old Preacher is named, with great irony, after the Reverend Mr Kirby, the man responsible for having the pub closed down in the 1900s. Other house brews include a rare sweet stout (Black Bart Stout) and the hoppy Black Diamond Bitter.
10 Todd Street, Port Adelaide 5015 Tours by appointment; bar; restaurant; takeaway salescomments powered by Disqus