Fitzgerald Bay camping area
A series of designated camping spots – some with toilets – can be found scattered along the shores of the bay for self-sufficient campers, 32 km north-east of Whyalla. Ocean views and beach access for swimming and fishing make these sites ideal. They are all found along the unsealed coast road between Point Lowly, with its iconic lighthouse, and the small settlement of Fitzgerald Bay. Approach via Port Bonython Rd off Lincoln Hwy, 11 km north of Whyalla, and continue 24km east of the highway along Port Bonython and Point Douglas rds. A boat ramp is nearby at Point Lowly.
Who to contact: Whyalla Visitor Centre (08) 8645 7900
Want to see your campsite photos featured here? Send us your photos.
- Munyaroo camping area (bush camping)
- Mambray Creek Campground
- Fricks Dam camping area (bush camping)
- Bush camping areas (walk-in camping)
- Hidden Camp (bush camping)
- Kingfisher Flat camping area (bush camping)
- Sugar Gum Dam camping area (bush camping)
- Telowie Gorge camping area
- Stringers camping area (bush camping)
comments powered by Disqus