The Racecourse camping area (bush camping)
This walk-in site with a big water tank is near the junction of the Racecourse and Mungola Hut tracks, close to the modern Grays Hut camping area. It is also on the Heysen Trail. A permit is required from the self-registration station and the site is gas/fuel stove only.
Who to contact: Parks SA Wilpena Pound (08) 8648 0048; or Friends of the Heysen Trail (08) 8212 6299 www.heysentrail.asn.au
This campsite is located in Mount Remarkable National Park
All the elements that make the Flinders Ranges so appealing come to the fore in this diverse park. Mt Remarkable is a popular climb and there’s an excellent walking-trail network among the gorges and rugged ridges to the west. Highlights include Hidden Gorge and Alligator Gorge. The park is 45 km north of Port Pirie, with access from Mambray Creek, Wilmington and Melrose.
Want to see your campsite photos featured here? Send us your photos.
- Fricks Dam camping area (bush camping)
- Summit Camp (bush camping)
- Goat Rock camping area (bush camping)
- Eaglehawk Dam camping area (bush camping)
- Mambray Creek Campground
- Longhill Camp (bush camping)
- Stony Creek Camp (bush camping)
- Stringers camping area (bush camping)
- Sugar Gum Dam camping area (bush camping)
- Kingfisher Flat camping area (bush camping)
- Hidden Camp (bush camping)
comments powered by Disqus