Mambray Creek Campground
The park’s largest and most accessible campground is in a classic creek and river red gum setting. It offers a full range of facilities and ready access to the walking tracks heading east. Signposted access is off the Princes Hwy, 45 km north of Port Pirie, and cabin accommodation is also available. A permit is required from the self-registration station.
Who to contact: Parks SA Mt Remarkable (08) 8634 7068; or Friends of the Heysen Trail (08) 8212 6299
This campsite is located in Mount Remarkable National Park
All the elements that make the Flinders Ranges so appealing come to the fore in this diverse park. Mt Remarkable is a popular climb and there’s an excellent walking-trail network among the gorges and rugged ridges to the west. Highlights include Hidden Gorge and Alligator Gorge. The park is 45 km north of Port Pirie, with access from Mambray Creek, Wilmington and Melrose.
Want to see your campsite photos featured here? Send us your photos.
- Longhill Camp (bush camping)
- Hidden Camp (bush camping)
- Kingfisher Flat camping area (bush camping)
- Summit Camp (bush camping)
- The Racecourse camping area (bush camping)
- Eaglehawk Dam camping area (bush camping)
- Stringers camping area (bush camping)
- Fricks Dam camping area (bush camping)
- Stony Creek Camp (bush camping)
- Goat Rock camping area (bush camping)
comments powered by Disqus