This pub – one of four in the town – is a grand two-storey affair with a full-length upstairs balcony. Dating from 1847, it was originally known as the Miner’s Arms. As well as being a historic landmark, the hotel’s kitchen turns out meals of a high standard, largely based on locally sourced produce like Burra’s tasty saltbush lamb. That’s the key ingredient in their signature dish, the ‘Diprotodon Burger’, a lavish variation on the old classic that celebrates another piece of heritage – the discovery of fossilised mega fauna nearby.
5 Market Sq; (08) 8892 2389; open daily for lunch and dinner