This historic former butcher shop is a landmark in the town’s main street, dating from 1864 and preserved by the National Trust. The ornate facade harks back to the days when this was a thriving port. The shop now doubles as self-contained B&B accommodation, with two comfortable bedrooms, full kitchen and sitting room, and a relaxing rear garden with barbecue. As well as modern conveniences like a dishwasher and air-conditioning, there’s an old-fashioned open fire – not to mention an upright piano to tinkle on.
66 Ellen St; (08) 8632 3096comments powered by Disqus