Hazards Beach camping area (walk-in camping)
This lovely camping area is at the southern end of Hazards Beach, reached after an easy 2 hr walk across the isthmus from Wineglass Bay, or 2 hr from the carpark trailhead via the Hazards Beach Track and Lemana Lookout. From here it is another 2 hr to the Cooks Beach camping area.
Who to contact: PWS Freycinet Visitor Centre (03) 6256 7000
This campsite is located in Freycinet National Park
The 30 km Freycinet Peninsula Circuit bushwalk to the spectacular southern part of the park is best done in an anti-clockwise direction, to prevent spreading plant root-rot fungus via your boots or tent pegs. Register in and out, check if water is available during dry spells and bring a gas/fuel stove (and your camera). The track starts at a carpark 4 km past the visitor centre.
Want to see your campsite photos featured here? Send us your photos.
- Richardsons Beach (the Sand Dunes) camping area
- Freycinet Peninsula Circuit Track
- Whitewater Wall camping area (bush camping)
- Friendly Beaches camping area (bush camping)
- Honeymoon Bay camping area
- Richardsons Beach (powered sites) camping area
comments powered by Disqus