Meredith House

This gracious two-storey Georgian house was built in 1853 and had an early association with the family of the colonial artist Louisa Anne Meredith, whose husband owned the land and whose cousin ran a girls grammar school here. The house retains its elegant sense of history in the six gorgeous rooms upstairs and the two-room suite downstairs, as well as in a row of four mews-style rooms opening onto the gardens. It’s all furnished and decorated in splendid colonial style. A hearty cooked breakfast of home-grown eggs and freshly made juices is served in the dining room, which looks out onto lovely gardens with lawns, fruit trees, shrubberies and friendly chooks.

Contact information

15 Noyes St; (03) 6257 8119


comments powered by Disqus