Parliament House

Situated behind the trees in Parliament Square, Hobart’s majestic Parliament House faces out to the waterfront. Designed by the colonial architect John Lee Archer and built by convicts as the first customs house, it became the home of Tasmania’s parliament in 1856. Between Salamanca Pl and Murray St; bookings (03) 6233 2288; visitors gallery open on sitting days; tours 10am and 2pm Mon–Fri, except sitting days.

comments powered by Disqus