St David’s Park

On Davey Street, at the city end of Salamanca Place, this formal English-style walled park still has old headstones displayed in the lower section – a reminder that this was the colony’s first burial ground. It was made into a park in 1926, with a rotunda and sweeping lawns shaded by huge English trees. Cnr Davey St and\ Sandy Bay Rd.

comments powered by Disqus