Runnymede

Built in 1836, this Georgian villa has had a number of distinguished owners including a bishop, a captain and the first lawyer to qualify in the colony. It’s now in the hands of the National Trust and has been restored and refurbished to its former glory as an 1860s mansion. 61 Bay Rd, New Town; open 10am–4.30pm Mon–Fri, 12–4.30pm Sat–Sun.

comments powered by Disqus