Mount Nelson Signal Station

In 1811 on a visit to Van Diemen’s Land, Governor Macquarie ordered that a signal station be erected on 350m ‘Nelson Hill’ to relay sightings of boats to Hobart. The site affords sweeping views of the Derwent Valley and Storm Bay, and there is a restaurant with a spectacular outlook – especially at night.

comments powered by Disqus