Government House

Next door to the Botanical Gardens, Tasmania’s Neo-Gothic Government House is one of the fi nest viceregal residences in the Commonwealth. Built in 1857 from local timbers and sandstone excavated on-site, it dominates the riverside slopes between Hobart and the Tasman Bridge. Lower Domain Rd; open to the public one Sunday each year; phone (03) 6234 2611 for the exact date; admission free.

comments powered by Disqus