Foxhunters Return

When this 1833 convict-built inn was renovated they found the floorboards at the original bar had been worn so thin they had to be replaced, but this fine National Trust–listed building still remains much as it was when horse-drawn coaches plied the Midland Highway. Each of the seven suites – four of them up original staircases – has authentic colonial touches, some with original brass and porcelain beds, and they all have views through paned windows over the stables to the river or the Eastern Tiers. With a cellar that once housed the convicts who built Campbell Town’s Red Bridge for sixpence a day, this place is steeped in history.

Contact information

132 High St; (03) 6381 1602


comments powered by Disqus