Cobblers Accommodation

At the turn of the 19th century Derby was a hard-working mining town, but a disastrous flood blighted both the town and its tin mine, which eventually closed for good in 1948. This rustic timber miner’s cottage on the main street is one of the many classified historic buildings that remain from those times. Travellers find Derby a convenient place to break their journey between the east coast and Launceston, and this cosy two-bedroom self-contained cottage is perfect for an overnight stay and a chance to poke around the town or look through the Tin Mine Centre museum.

Contact information

63 Main St; (03) 6354 2145

Nearby

comments powered by Disqus