Waratah camping area
Formerly the location of the world’s leading tin mine, Waratah now welcomes tourists not miners, although there is still gold to be panned in nearby creeks. In the middle of town, there is a lake and waterfall; this council-run campground is right next to them, behind the council chambers on Smith St. There are 20 van sites on both grass and gravel, and a dump point in Annie St. There is a shop nearby and the hotel does very good meals. Cradle Mountain and Corinna are within easy driving distance. Waratah is on the B23, 7 km from its junction with the Murchison Hwy (A10), 63 km south of Somerset and 55 km north of Rosebery.
Who to contact: Visitor Information Centre, Smith St, Waratah (03) 6439 7100; or Waratah Roadhouse (03) 6439 1110
Want to see your campsite photos featured here? Send us your photos.
- Discovery Holiday Park – Cradle Mountain Campground
- Julius River Forest camping area
- Scott-Kilvert Memorial Hut (walk-in camping)
- Windermere Hut (walk-in camping)
- Corinna Wilderness Experience camping area
- Waterfall Valley Hut (walk-in camping)
- Lake Gairdner camping area
- Lake Mackintosh camping area
- Pioneer Park camping area
comments powered by Disqus