The Old Schoolhouse
Things were very different when this school was built in 1858; using convict stonemasons, they got the building finished for a mere £700, with separate doors for boys and girls, and rooms for the headmaster upstairs. Today the sandstone schoolhouse is a heritage-listed private home offering accommodation in more recently built two-bedroom cottages, which match the style of the historic original school. They are light and bright with polished floors and comfortable furnishings. Two-storey Rose Cottage and The Library both open onto a delightful wisteria-covered courtyard, a lovely nook to enjoy breakfast from the supplies provided.
Lyell Hwy; (03) 6286 3292