Macquarie Heads camping area
Strahan is a must-see destination in Tasmania, and the starting point for cruises along the iconic Gordon River. This grassed, shady camping area is 15 km west of town; follow Ocean Beach Rd, then head left along a rough – but passable – unsealed road (C251) that leads past the picnic area. Make sure you visit nearby Ocean Beach to watch the sun set over the sea.
How to book: West Coast Visitor Information and Booking Centre, Strahan (03) 6472 6800
Want to see your campsite photos featured here? Send us your photos.
- Philps Creek camping area (walk-in camping)
- Thureau Hills camping area
- Queenstown Cabin and Tourist Park
- Collingwood River camping area
- Lake Burbury Camping Ground
- Lake Vera hut camping area (walk-in camping)
- Lake Tahune hut camping area (walk-in camping)
- Loddon River camping area (walk-in camping)
- Darwin Dam camping area
comments powered by Disqus