Point Hicks Lighthouse
Operating since 1890, Point Hicks Lighthouse marks Captain James Cook’s first Australian landfall in the Endeavour and is named after his first lieutenant, Zachary Hicks. Prominent on a granite headland and surrounded by national park, it is the tallest lighthouse on mainland Australia and is about 50 minutes by car off Princes Highway from Cann River in East Gippsland. The two historic keepers’ cottages each sleep six; a bungalow sleeps two. Cottages are well equipped, and bedding and towels can be hired.
Point Hicks Rd; (03) 5156 0432comments powered by Disqus