Named after the Roman goddess of tillage (cereal crops and grains), this 1881-built former flour mill is the perfect setting for this lovely contemporary space. With polished cement floors, chandeliers and rugs, a casual dining area invites patrons to relax in leather lounges at coffee tables as they share tapas and sip coffee or wine. Elsewhere, the main restaurant serves an appealing modern menu that might have such entrées as beef tartare, fresh oysters with champagne sorbet and salmon roe or lightly deep-fried salt-and-pepper calamari. Popular main courses include double-roasted duck, whole baby snapper, pan-roasted chicken breast or dry-hung aged locally grown beef. And to finish: share an assiette of desserts – a little taste of all the menu’s sweet offerings.
554 High St; (03) 5482 5599; open Mon–Sat for lunch and dinner