This restaurant and wine bar, located in a beautiful 1862 former bank building, is more like a Melbourne restaurant that has been happily transported to the country. Recent refurbishment sees polished floorboards in the bar where tapas is served, with leather banquette seating, wrought-iron chairs and white table linen in the restaurant. Sourcing much regional produce, the menu might have an entrée of chargrilled quail with spiced carrot purée and red wine jus, and main courses such as dry-aged Angus Murray Grey scotch fillet or confit duck leg and crispy skin duck breast. Finish with vanilla-baked locally grown strawberries with mascarpone cream.
551 High St; (03) 5480 3772; open Tues–Sat for dinner