Anglers Rest camping area
Anglers Rest is a highwayside stopover in the middle of an arm of Alpine National Park. It’s almost 30 km north of Omeo off the Omeo Hwy, along a snaking section of road near the confluence of the Bundarra, Cobungra and Mitta Mitta rivers – all 3 waterways are known for their trout fishing, hence the name of the camping area. Nearby is the historic Blue Duck Inn Hotel, a popular refreshment break for motorcyclists enjoying the area’s sweeping bends.
Who to contact: Parks Victoria 13 1963
Want to see your campsite photos featured here? Send us your photos.
- Hinnomunjie Bridge camping area
- Victoria River Track camping area
- Dogs Grave camping area
- Raspberry Hill camping area (Bogong area)
- Victoria Falls Historic Area camping area (bush camping)
- Big River Bridge camping area
- Ferny Flat camping area (bush camping)
- Joker camping area
- Buckety Plain camping area (Bogong area)
comments powered by Disqus