Aire Crossing camping area
Just north of this riverside campground is the magnificent Triplet Falls, cascading down through untrammelled old-growth forest. Also in the vicinity is the walk to Little Aire Falls, which weaves through rainforest to end at a cantilevered viewing platform. To get to this camping area, take the Aire Crossing Track from the Great Ocean Rd or turn onto Wait-A-While Rd from Colac–Lavers Hill Rd.
Who to contact: Parks Victoria 13 1963
This campsite is located in Great Otway National Park
Named after the mountain range that stretches along the rugged coast of the Southern Ocean, Great Otway National Park is blanketed by pristine rainforest and stands of mountain ash, while the seashore is covered in pretty heathlands. The park extends west from Torquay to Princetown, and the ocean has fashioned the coastal limestone here into world-famous coves and rock formations. Beachcombing, walking in cool forests and driving the curvaceous Great Ocean Rd are must-dos for visitors.
Want to see your campsite photos featured here? Send us your photos.
- Johanna Beach camping area
- Hammonds Road camping area
- Blanket Bay camping area
- Aire River East camping area
- Allenvale Mill Site camping area (walk-in camping)
- Fork Paddock camping area (bush camping)
- Aire River West camping area
- Cora Lynn camping area (walk-in camping)
- Jamieson Track camping area (bush camping)
- Wye River Road camping area
- Parker Hill camping area
- Sharps Track camping area
- Lake Elizabeth camping area (walk-in camping)
comments powered by Disqus