Allenvale Mill Site camping area (walk-in camping)
The old Allenvale Mill site lies just beyond the outskirts of Lorne, which is handy for campers who like to have all the conveniences of a modern township within easy reach. This is a walk-in campsite, but it’s only a few minutes from the road. It’s located 2 km south-west of Lorne along Allenvale Rd.
This campsite is located in Great Otway National Park
Named after the mountain range that stretches along the rugged coast of the Southern Ocean, Great Otway National Park is blanketed by pristine rainforest and stands of mountain ash, while the seashore is covered in pretty heathlands. The park extends west from Torquay to Princetown, and the ocean has fashioned the coastal limestone here into world-famous coves and rock formations. Beachcombing, walking in cool forests and driving the curvaceous Great Ocean Rd are must-dos for visitors.
Want to see your campsite photos featured here? Send us your photos.
- Johanna Beach camping area
- Hammonds Road camping area
- Blanket Bay camping area
- Aire River East camping area
- Fork Paddock camping area (bush camping)
- Aire River West camping area
- Cora Lynn camping area (walk-in camping)
- Jamieson Track camping area (bush camping)
- Wye River Road camping area
- Parker Hill camping area
- Sharps Track camping area
- Aire Crossing camping area
- Lake Elizabeth camping area (walk-in camping)
comments powered by Disqus