Blanket Bay camping area
This is a very popular camping area with shaded sites near an ocean beach to the south-west of Apollo Bay. A little further around the coast is the historic Cape Otway Lightstation. About 20 km west of Apollo Bay, turn onto Cape Otway Lighthouse Rd. Then, after 9 km, take the signposted turning onto Blanket Bay Rd and drive for another 6 km. Note: the campsites at Blanket Bay are booked through a ballot system during summer and over the Easter holiday period, and fees apply during this time.
Who to contact: Parks Victoria 13 1963
This campsite is located in Great Otway National Park
Named after the mountain range that stretches along the rugged coast of the Southern Ocean, Great Otway National Park is blanketed by pristine rainforest and stands of mountain ash, while the seashore is covered in pretty heathlands. The park extends west from Torquay to Princetown, and the ocean has fashioned the coastal limestone here into world-famous coves and rock formations. Beachcombing, walking in cool forests and driving the curvaceous Great Ocean Rd are must-dos for visitors.
Want to see your campsite photos featured here? Send us your photos.
- Johanna Beach camping area
- Hammonds Road camping area
- Aire River East camping area
- Allenvale Mill Site camping area (walk-in camping)
- Fork Paddock camping area (bush camping)
- Aire River West camping area
- Cora Lynn camping area (walk-in camping)
- Jamieson Track camping area (bush camping)
- Wye River Road camping area
- Parker Hill camping area
- Sharps Track camping area
- Aire Crossing camping area
- Lake Elizabeth camping area (walk-in camping)
comments powered by Disqus